Art Blogging Contest

Please vote for Musical Perceptions in the Art Blogging Match of Doom

Thursday, April 07, 2005

Bach Fugue 11 in F

I think the expository section of this fugue runs from the beginning to bar 27, the modulatory from measure 28 to 55, and the closing section from there to the end. Not sure though... I'm also not sure about the cadences, but the ones that I definitely heard were in bars 46 and 56. The texture is really thick in this piece. Maybe it was just the recording I listened to or the harpsichord as an instrument in general, but I found it extremely difficult to pick the repeated subject out when it was in the lower octaves, so I'd usually hear a few notes of it and realize that I could hardly hear what was going on, so I have no clue exactly how many times it appears in the piece.

No comments: