Art Blogging Contest

Please vote for Musical Perceptions in the Art Blogging Match of Doom

Thursday, March 06, 2008

did you ask for some more analysis? ...oh you did?!?

Let's start with the roman numeral stuff first...

Key: Eflat Major
m.13 : V, ii, V+9
m.14 : I, IV7
m.15 :I7, IV65
m.16 : IVhalfdim7/vi, vi42...fermataaaa...ii43
m.17 : I64
m.18 : V7
m.19 : I

Alright it's phrase time! The form for this piece is aaba...so basically it's QUATERNARY! Why is not rounded binary you ask? because it doesn't " ba ba" like a sheep! Oh man, i am hilarious! Also, there is one main cadence that I found in this nice little tune. It occurs right at the end of the second a section, and the cadence is a, believe it or not, a half cadence! Shocking, I know.

And did you see all that contrast going on in bridge section? There were all these rhythmic differences AND a key change! What a nice refresher from that boring ol' a section! If you want to hear an midi rendition of this song, which I know you do, that features midi guitar, flute, violin, and some indistinguishable instrument check it herre yo!



1 comment:

Scott said...

The cadence at the end of the second A is a PAC is the dominant key. There is a HC at m4 and m. 13, and of course the final PAC. Describe the rhythmic changes more, and don't forget to mention performance ideas and emotion/feelings that are engedered.